Happy Birthday Kevin Bacon!


While I haven't seen every film he's done, he's one of my favorite actors. Tremors is a particularly favorite movie of mine. Seriously, every time it's on TV, I'm watching it. Was I upset the Tremors reboot didn't get picked up by SYFY? YES. Fingers still crossed that someday (soon) they'll change their minds. I wanted to do something fun for the blog this week and I saw that his birthday was coming up so I thought I'd post a mini-tribute to him!

Here are some quick facts:
  • He was born on July 8, 1958.
  • His father, Edmund Norwood Bacon, a prominent architect was on the cover of Time Magazine in November 1964.
  • He is the youngest of six children.
  • His film debut was as the strict Chip Diller in National Lampoon's Animal House. 
  • He inspired the game "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon."
  • He married actress Kyra Sedgwick in 1988.
  • He's in a band with his older brother Michael called The Bacon Brothers!

Here are some of the movies he's in that you can check out from the library:

If you want to read more, check out these links:
Happy reading!

Jade, Reference Librarian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Horror Movies for Autumn Nights

Digital Library Services for Patrons

Virtual Author Talks March 24 - 31